Besides travelling and seeing new places, eating has to be my FAVOURITE thing to do. I just love food. I have been lucky enough to visit some amazing restaurants all over the world, and would love to share on my blog which places were my favourite to eat at. I have decided to start off with London and five places I have enjoyed eating at.
1. THE RITZ – I have had both afternoon tea and lunch at the Ritz and they are both such amazing experiences. Lunch is served in The Ritz Restaurant (which is stunning), and afternoon tea is served The Palm Court, with its own pianist.
Average price per person:
Traditional afternoon Tea £52.
Celebration Tea with Champagne £79.
Slow cooked veal breast, broccoli, carrot and Madeira
2. SALVADOR AND AMANDA – A less pricey option, but equally (if not more) delicious. I have to say, I much prefer a larger quantity of food over smaller, taster dishes, hence this quirky, authentic Spanish tapas restaurant is perfect for me! Having grown up in a Spanish family surrounded by Spanish food, I have to say the food here is amazing. Even my Spanish grandmother loved it! There are only two restaurants in London (sadly), one in Covent Garden and one in Bloomsbury. Although the one in Covent Garden is larger and has more atmosphere, it is only open after 5pm.
Average price per tapa: £7 (3 suggested per person).
If you have a Tastecard you get it for 50% cheaper!!
Arroz Negro Con Calamares Y Gambas//Black rice with squid, prawns and alioli)
Carrulleras De Cerdo Con Pure De Chirivia//Braised Pork Cheeks with Parsnip Puree – only in Bloomsbury).
Filete De Pierna De Cordero Con Calabaza//Char-grilled Lamb Gigot with Honey Roasted Buternut Squash – Covent Garden)
Calamares Fritos Con Alioli//Friend Squid with Alioli).
3. GALVIN @ WINDOWS – Located on the 28th floor of the Hilton Hotel, Park Lane, this restaurant offers 360 degree views of the whole of London. We recently visited to celebrate my sisters birthday and it was incredible! The staff are brilliant (every time you return to your seat someone runs over to pull the chair out for you!) and the food just melts in your mouth.
Average price per person: £75
Galvin smoked salmon, Dorset crab, avocado purée & fennel compote
Rump of Cornish lamb, glazed belly, ragout of coco bean & girolle
4. BENIHANA – A Japanese Teppanyaki located in Chelsea. DELICIOUS! I LOVE steak, and watching it being cooked in front of you just makes the experience so much fun.
Average price per person: £50
Unfortunately I cannot find any pictures from Benihana, so you will just have to trust me!
5. THE GAZEBO – We recently visited The London Landmark Hotel for a show around and for brunch, and it was BEAUTIFUL! It does not feel like you have just stepped off a busy London street, instead it feels as though you are in a Las Vegas hotel or something similar! The food was delicious and of very generous portions.
Average price per person: £20
Toasted Foccacia, with grilled Mediterranean vegetables, basil mayo topped with grilled goat’s cheese
Poached Salmon Salad with cucumber, avocado, baby watercress and cherry tomato
Thank you for reading! If you know any restaurants in London that you think are worth a visit then please do recommend them to me! There are loads more places in London that I love eating at so you can expect more in the future.